We all know Samsung washing machines are some of the best on the market. However, even the best appliances can also face issues. One of the most common issues that Samsung users encounter is the Samsung washer 4E code error.
Imagine you’re washing your clothes and suddenly your machine starts ringing displaying the Samsung Washer 4E code. You wont be able to hear or see the flow of water through the glass of the drum. If you’re facing this problem with your Samsung washing machine then you don’t need to worry. Your machine isn’t damaged and you don’t need to replace it with a new one. In fact, it’s just a minor error that many other users face. Read out to know about the 4E error code and how to fix it.
- SAMSUNG WASHER 4E CODE
- REASONS FOR A SAMSUNG WASHER 4E CODE
- HOW TO FIX THE 4E ERROR CODE
- TIPS AND TRICKS FOR REGULAR MAINTENANCE
SAMSUNG WASHER 4E CODE
A 4E(4C) error means there’s no water supply from the water hose to your machine. When there’s no water supply you won’t be able to wash your clothes. The reason behind this error is said to be a kinked or blocked water supply. The issue can also be when the detergent drawer is clogged. The 4E error code is also known as 4C error code in Samsung washing machines. It can also appear as NF in some models.
This Samsung Washer 4E code can occur both during the start of the washing cycle or during the final rinsing of the laundry.
REASONS FOR A SAMSUNG WASHER 4E CODE
The reasons behind the Samsung washer 4E code can be one the following:
- No cold water available.
- No water supply in the tub connected to the machine.
- Kinked or jammed water supply hose.
- No pressure in the water supply.
- Detergent box is not connected to the hose.
- Blocked or jammed water inlet valve.
- An error occurring in the connection of hot and cold water when connected to the water supply
Read out to find why the Samsung washer 4E code is displaying and how you can repair it.
HOW TO FIX THE 4E ERROR CODE
The most common reason is the water blockage in Samsung washing machines. Let’s start with simple steps to troubleshoot
This is the simplest thing you can do at first if your Samsung washing machine is not working. Restarting the machine often resolves the Samsung Washer 4E code, but if it’s still there then you’ve to read further. Please do the following things to restart your washer.
- Switch off your machine.
- Restart it after waiting for 10 to 20 minutes.
- If it is not displaying any error now, you’re good to go.
- If the error is still there then you must troubleshoot further. Read below.
If your Samsung washer machine is displaying a 4E error code then look at the water supply. Look to see if the taps are fully open or not. Also check to see if they are connected to the machine correctly. If everything checks out then look for any kind of leakage. When there’s no leakage observed then follow these steps to check.
- Turn off the water supply and disconnect the washer.
- Connect the hot and cold water to their respective connections..
- You can tight them by your hand or you can use a wrench to tighten them but make sure not to over tighten them.
- Get both of the hoses down to secure them.
- Turn on the taps for a few seconds to remove dirt from the hoses by placing the unconnected ends of hoses inside the bucket.
- Then, close the taps.
- Connect the water supply hoses to the intake connections on the washer.
- Install the fittings by hand and use a wrench to secure them. Make sure not to over tighten the fittings.
- Plug in the washer, and turn on the taps.
- Check if the error is resolved or not.
The Samsung Washer 4E code in Samsung washing machines can also occur due to dirty water hose mesh filters. This filter is designed to prevent big pieces of debris from getting inside the machine. This isn’t as good as a water filter so little pieces can still make it through. To clean the mesh filter follow these steps:
- Turn off the water supply.
- Remove the water hose from the washing machine by rotating it in a counterclockwise direction.
- Pull out the mesh by using pliers but be gentle.
- Clean the mesh filter by tap water or you also use cotton swabs to clean it.
- Dry it and then put it back to its place.
- Connect the hose back.
- Ensure the connections are tight.
- Now restart the washing machine
- Turn on the tap to check if it works or not.
Visit our store for 10% off our Home Maintenance products here.
Detergent and bleach residue can get stuck into the box and cause leakages. This also causes sewage smells, and the leakages can lead to the 4e error code. To clean a detergent box, you have to follow these steps.
- Open the detergent box.
- Pull out the drawer and push the release lever on the softener compartment at the same time.
- Remove the liquid detergent guide from the drawer and the softener compartment
- Now you have to clean the detergent box. You can clean it by using an old toothbrush or anything like a brush.
- Then, wash it with water.
- Dry the detergent drawer, compartment and liquid detergent drawer with a soft dry cloth.
- Reinstall the softener compartment and liquid detergent into the drawer where it was located.
- Make sure the drawer opening is fully dry before reinstalling it.
- Align the drawer with the rails and gently push it back in.
Your water pressure should be around 0.5 bar to 8 bar. If the water supply hose is kinked or jammed, then it will prevent water from going into the washer. You can check the water supply hose by following these steps:
- Turn off the water supply
- Remove the hose by rotating it counterclockwise.
- If you see any bents or kink areas, straighten them out.
- Make the water flow through it to see if there’s any blockage or not.
- To remove blockages, use a thin wire or open the tap for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Reconnect both hoses and tighten them.
- Turn on the water supply and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Faulty water inlet valves can also lead to error codes. Test the valve solenoids with a multi-meter. If it is not working replace it following these steps.
- Unplug the washer and turn off the water supply.
- Detach the valve screws by unscrewing them.
- Look closer at wiring so you can remember them afterwards.
- Disconnect the inlet valve hose clamp and discard the old valve from the washer.
- Place a new inlet valve and connect it by screwing it back.
- Restart the washer and check the error code.
If you follow all of the above steps and still can resolve things on your own then you may need to call a professional. If you’ve tried all of the above techniques for troubleshooting and the 4E error code is still there, then you can call a professional. An expert will help you to solve the problem of your Samsung washer 4E code.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR REGULAR MAINTENANCE
Like every other thing, your home appliances also need regular maintenance to work properly. Regular maintenance will help your Samsung washer to work for a long time. You can prevent your Samsung washing machine from any type of error with regular maintenance.
Here are the few steps that will help you with maintenance
Clean your machine regularly
You should regularly clean your machine. Regularly cleaning doesn’t mean everyday, but once or twice in a month is necessary. You can manually clean your Samsung washing machine by running hot water into the drum to remove any molds, debris bacteria or residue. Some Samsung washers have a self clean function that will start to blink after 40 washes on a front-load washing machine while on top-load washing machines it will start to blink after 20 washes.
The self clean will help the washing machine to remove any molds or smells.
Use a water softener system
Some areas have a hard water system and minerals from hard water accumulate and block the water hose. When the water supply hose gets blocked it will lead to your Samsung washer not working properly and the Samsung Washer 4E code will also start to appear because of this. So make sure to install a water softener system so your water hose remains clean.
Clean water supply of home
Make sure your home water supply is clean and is able to provide enough water to the machine to make it work. It also includes setting your water pressure and ensuring your water taps are properly open.
Install your washer properly
When you have done regular maintenance and cleaning, please reinstall the components of your Samsung washing machine properly. Ensure there’s no damage or broken water inlet that will lead to any type of problem.
If you find any type of issues related to an error code then follow the above steps to solve your problem.
For any repairs, installations, builds, or questions; We recommend you to hire a professional. Find A Pro Near You Here!
It can happen because of a glitch. You just have to simply unplug your washer and disconnect it for 5 to 10 minutes.
Then, plug it back in and restart it. The Samsung washer 4E code error will disappear.
The Samsung washer 4E code can be easily fixed by yourself. It rarely requires professional help because most of the time an error occurs due to the water supply, mesh filter or detergent box. In those cases a deep cleaning will resolve the issue.
Yes, it is common because it helps to detect abnormal things happening in your washer.