Maytag bravos xl washer is known for its efficient cycle, clean processing, easy working, and durability. It can last longer if you maintain it properly but minor issues will appear as time passes.
Maytag washers have trouble when their control panel causes issues. Other ones are drain, hose, water pump, lid lock, etc. But all these problems are easy to solve and that’s why we write this guide for our Maytag bravos xl washer owners. So keep reading
Note: if you are going to invest in a new washer, read our helpful and unbiased comparison review of Whirlpool vs Samsung.
- Maytag Bravos Xl Washer: Most Common Problems & Solutions
- Maytag Bravos XL Washer Not Filling With Water
- Excessive Noise/ Vibration
- Maytag Bravos XL Washer Not Spinning
- Detergent Dispenser Issues
- Washer Not Draining
- Washer Leaking Water
- Washer Stops Mid-Cycle
- Maytag Bravos XL Washer Doesn't Turn On
- Washer Won't Start the Cycle
- Washer Is Overfilling Or Flooding
- Washer Won't Agitate
- Error Codes of Maytag Bravos XL Washer
- Resetting Your Maytag Bravos XL Washer?
Let’s discuss the most common problems that happen to your Maytag Bravos XL washer and all the possible solutions.
Maytag Bravos XL Washer Not Filling With Water
Image by Freepik
Maytag Bravos XL washers sometimes stop filling water due to number of reasons. With less or no water the washer does not clean the clothes properly or is unable to start the cycle. Get the solutions below.
- The first thing to check is water supply valves. You have to make sure that both cold and hot water valves are turned on and fully open. Thus, water can flow properly and easily.
- You have to examine if there are any blockages or kinks in hoses that connect the water supply to the washer. In case of kinks, straighten it out, or remove clogs in blockages. Just take a long, flexible brush and use it to remove any clog in the hose. If the hose get damaged, replace them with new ones.
- In addition to water hoses you have to check its valve also. If you see any damage or malfunctioning, there is no other way than replacing it.
Noise is not only disturbing and annoying but also shows that there are some hidden issues with your washer. You have to solve it because it interferes with the home environment and may also cause damage. Let’s see what causes excessive noise or vibration in your washer.
- Avoid loading excessive weight. Distribute it evenly, otherwise your washer starts vibrating or makes loud noises. Don’t mix lightweight laundry with heavy items.
- Suspension rods are necessary because they stabilize your washer tub while washing. With time and constant use these tubs wear out. Such suspension rods cause loud noise during operation. Check them thoroughly and replace in case of damage.
- Your tub bearing, which is added to support your washing machine drum for smooth spinning, gets damaged or worn out. You may hear squeaking or grinding noise, which means the tub bearing needs replacement.
Not spinning is an issue that occurs to any washer and the Maytag Bravos XL washer is no exception. You may get unclean, spotty, and wet clothes in cases of no spinning. The reasons and fixes are below.
- Damaged drive belt, which connects motor and washer drum, causes spinning will stop working. Check your drive belt and replace it if it is damaged.
- If your washer engine isn’t working efficiently and malfunctions, repair it immediately.
- If lid doesn’t close due to lid switch, it will not allow washer to spin.
- In case of actuator switch problem, use a multi-meter to test the component and replace it in case of damage.
- Choose the right setting because sometimes wrong setting may also cause trouble.
- Put the recommended load in the washer and distribute it evenly.
Sometimes the detergent dispenser issues are created, which directly affects your Maytag Bravos XL washer performance. When you see that your clothes are not cleaning properly, then you have to check the dispenser.
A clog in the dispenser may occur due to debris, any object, or detergent residue. This situation doesn’t allow detergent dispensing or removal of fabric softener during and after washing. Moreover, you may face a situation where detergent doesn’t reach your washer drum. It is due to a stuck drawer and needs an immediate solution as it affects the washer’s washing performance. Follow the solution guide below.
- First, remove washer’s drawer by following manual’s instructions and clean it and its compartments. You have to remove debris and detergent residue. You can also clean dispenser cavity, which resides inside your washer.
- If you see cracks, or worn or broken pieces in your drawer, replace them without wasting time.
- Another important thing is to check dispenser motor. If your dispenser motor is malfunctioning ask a professional technician to check and repair the broken pieces
If you find that your washer doesn’t drain correctly, you need to find the reasons. In case of no draining, your clothes remain soaking wet which not only creates inconvenience but also damages the garment. The main reason behind it is unclean drain pump filter, clogs in drain hose, or crack or a broken drain pump. So, clean the clog, repair the crack, and replace the damaged component.
Water leaks shouldn’t be ignored as they cause severe damage to your home. If your Maytag Bravo XL washer isn’t working, water leakage may be the reason behind it. Water may leak during filling of a washer, washing or draining process. Thus, a seal, hose, or pump and any components can cause trouble. Let’s see how you fix the leaking water issue.
- First, examine the gasket or door seal; if it is damaged, worn out, or has cracks, you need to repair it. Debris may also cause seal to be loose; in that case just replace it.
- The washer tub seal also causes water leaking and you solve the issue by replacing it. But be careful as you need to disassemble many parts of washer.
- Thoroughly check the drain hoses, cracks, old damaged spots, and loose connections anything can cause leakage. Tighten in case of loose connections and replace broken or damaged ones.
- Examine your water supply or pump, as they are sources of water for your washer. In case of visible damage, call technicians and seek their help.
If your washer stops mid cycle, nothing can make you more frustrated than this. The reasons behind it may be many and checking one by one will take a long time. This short guide is here.
- Increased load size can overload the washer and put strain on its motor. To prevent damage to the washer in such a scenario shuts down. Add fewer items and also keep the weight of the laundry low.
- In the case of an overheated engine, the washer will stop working for safety reasons. Thus, let the motor cool down before starting the next use.
- Suppose the washer stops mid cycle due to any reason. It is just due to door lock malfunctions, which may be the real culprit behind it. So, repair any damage and replace any broken part.
Maytag Bravos XL Washer Doesn’t Turn On
If today is your laundry day, but sadly your washer isn’t turning on, what should you do? Some potential problems include the washer not being plugged in or having no power. Check the electricity at an outlet or washer plug. You can also check fuses, circuit breakers, or even junction box connections.
Sometimes issues also occur in the connection between the AC plug and the main control and prevent the washer from starting. Thus, by checking the cord of AC power, you can prevent this issue. If your washing machine isn’t properly installed or already has a faulty main control then you have two options only. One is to reinstall the main control and the other is replacing the one.
Don’t be sad if your Maytag Bravos Xl Washer doesn’t start a cycle. Lid lock and main control faults often make washers stop starting cycle. You can use multi-meter to check if there is any fault in the main control. If you find any error, replace the main control or if not, check the lid lock. Check if there is any hindrance by anything that prevents the lid from locking. Remove the obstruction and again check; if you still face the problem it means the lid lock is faulty. Replace it if this is the problem.
Visit our store for 10% off our Save Home Energy products here.
If your Maytag Bravos XL washer won’t stop filling with water, it needs your attention. This will cause flooding, and you can’t ignore it. Let’s diagnose the reason behind it.
The fault may be in your washer pressure hose. Pressure switch and valve may also cause trouble so you have to check all these three components. There may be a leak in the pressure hose. In that case, replace it; for pressure switches use a multi-meter for proper testing. There is chance of clogging in the valve; thus, it needs to be removed as soon as possible.
If your washing machine won’t agitate, don’t worry because people often complain about it. The reasons are several and you have to check them all for your washer’s proper functioning. Let’s see what 4 components that may be faulty.
- Check your washer lid lock. If you accidentally forget to close it or it remains open due to any hindrance then the lid lock won’t let your washer agitate.
- The next component is drive belt, you have to physically examine it to find the fault. It could be worn out.
- Then comes the motor and main control, inspect both components and find the fault.
If you find any of these problems you have to replace the faulty component to remove the issue of agitating.
Error Codes of Maytag Bravos XL Washer
Image by Freepik
In addition to all other problems discussed above, these washer users are familiar with one thing: Maytag Bravos XL washer errors. As they appear on your washer’s display screen, they are visible but not easy to comprehend and cause a lot of confusion. These errors show there is something wrong with your XL washer or some inside component malfunctions. These error codes act as a diagnostic tool and find the real reason behind the improper functioning of your washer.
If you see an error UL, it means your washer has an unbalanced load. This problem happens to many users at any time. The main reason behind this is uneven distribution of laundry in the drum of washer. In that case your washing machine may vibrate excessively, in some cases stop mid cycle, or you might hear a loud noise.
Although this situation happens to any washing machine, you have to pay attention to this otherwise it will create potential damage to your appliance. With troubleshooting, you have two things to keep in mind to prevent this situation like
- Stop the machine and redistribute your laundry
- You can also check leveling of your Maytag Bravos XL washer.
Another error is OL with the code F70, which shows that your washer has been overloaded with laundry. Loading heavy laundry like heavy blankets, curtains, and rugs causes this issue. As it happens to any washing machine the solution is very simple. Some of those solutions are below.
- Put only load size recommended by manufacturers
- Add clothes by weight, don’t put too much heavy stuff at a time
Washer SD Error (Code F71)
Another error is SD with the code F71, which signifies production of too many suds. This error mostly pops up when you are using too much detergent. Moreover, if you use the correct amount of detergent, you can still see this error and it might be due to incorrect detergent. You can solve this error by preventing excess detergent use and also avoiding non high efficiency detergent. You have to verify that you are using correct high efficiency (HE) detergent.
Another code is F5 on a Maytag Bravos XL washer and it is about the lid lock. The main reason might be some obstruction which doesn’t allow the lid to close.
A lid lock is a feature in Maytag Bravos XL washers. It is added for safety reasons and doesn’t allow the washing machine to start operation in case of an open lid. But, this will create a problem like hindering normal functioning after lid malfunctions.
If your washer has a faulty lid lock, it is unable to start functioning even after you properly close the lid and stop working mid cycle. In such situations, the error code F5 will appear on your washer display. You can solve the issue by replacing the lid lock switch.
Another error is LD with code F32, which signifies drainage problems with your Maytag Bravos XL washer. If your washer takes longer while draining, that could be because of many reasons like drain clogging, kinking, or due to weak pumps. So as a solution you have to check drain and pump. Remove any kind of clog and Kinks. Smooth running of the pipes is necessary and for that you have to keep in mind that the drain hose doesn’t drain more than 96 inches high.
Maytag Bravos XL washers come with many potential problems and errors but they are all easy to solve. Thus, they are worthy to add to your laundry room. Let’s read our comparison of Samsung vs Maytag to know if Maytag washers and dryers are best to buy.
People ask if Maytag Bravos XL washer problems can be fixed by resetting the machine. Yes resetting might be helpful in solving some primary problems, but unfortunately these washers don’t come with a reset button. But, you can still reset the settings in two ways.
First power off your washer, then unplug it from power socket. You have to wait for roughly 5 minutes and then plug your washer again. Restart your Maytag Bravos Xl washing machine.
The process is same as the basic Reset but you have to wait 30 minutes in this case instead of 5. Then plug in your machine’s cord and start it.
Maytag Bravos XL washers are easy to use and efficient washers. Like all other machines, they also sometimes cause problems. There are many different reasons and we have discussed them all here. We hope that you will find right problem and get correct solution from our guide. So, share with us your thoughts.
For any repairs, installations, builds, or questions; We recommend you to hire a professional. Find A Pro Near You Here!
Image by rawpixel.com on Freepik